December 01, 2007
Eye Candy opened its doors December 2007 in beautiful Downtown Delafield, Wisconsin.
Born from a dream, Eye Candy quickly became the destination for quality and unique eyewear! And in April 2014 that dream expanded with the addition of Eye Candy Kids, the optical boutique experience just for kids.
Founder Paula Hornbeck on how Eye Candy came to be:
“I’d been an ABOC Optician for my entire career, working for optometric practices, ophthalmology practices, optician owned opticals, even a brief stint managing a chain store optical. This all gave me a wealth and variety of experience in our industry. But my dream was always to open my own optical boutique. In 2006, with the encouragement and support of my husband Tracy, I decided to take a class in entrepreneurship and seriously explore my ideas of how an optical boutique could be different from the competition – fun, interesting, high quality and amazing eyewear, passionate and knowledgeable opticians. I finished the class with my ideas fully formed and a solid business plan ready to go. Within 6 months I had an SBA loan, a great location in Delafield, and I was making my dream a reality. Eye Candy opened on December 1, 2007 in the middle of a 9 inch snowfall! Over the years, we’ve continued to bring in new and exciting frame collections while always offering the newest in lens technology. I have truly been living the dream!”
Eye Candy Owner + Certified Optician
Hi! I’m an American Board of Opticianry Certified Optician and the owner of Eye Candy. The concept of Eye Candy was developed from my belief that the experience of selecting eyewear should be as fun and exciting as wearing that great pair of amazing new glasses. My passion is customer service, and I am dedicated to providing high quality eyewear with service that meets or beats your expectations. When I’m not showing you the latest and greatest in eyewear, I love to read and belong to a book club, garden in the summer, enjoy dinner with friends and travel every chance I get. I love animals and my husband, Tray and I have 4 cats: Zoey, Betty Boops, Jesse, and Frankie!
I have over 40 years of experience in the optical industry (boy did I start out young!). I love to bring this knowledge and experience to each of my customers to enable us to find the perfect look and excellent vision they deserve. I’m living my dream at Eye Candy. Come on in and let me share my passion with you—I can’t wait to meet you!
Get to Know Paula – Video Bio
What makes us different?
DISCOVER WHY EYE CANDY IS UNLIKE ANY OTHER OPTICAL EXPERIENCE
- Eye Candy is optician-owned, and all of our opticians are certified with the American Board of Opticianry!
- We only carry eyewear from independent manufacturers! Most optical shops won’t be able to get their hands on the collections we carry.
- We never sell the same pair twice! Your new Eye Candy glasses will be just as unique as you.
- We are not in-network for insurance plans. This is what allows us to carry such awesome and unique eyewear! However, many insurance plans offer out-of-network reimbursement benefits, and we do accept payments using flex-spending and health-savings cards.
- We use premium lenses and lens treatments, and our years of combined experience means we are likely to have a solution (or two) for your visual needs.
We are very fortunate and thankful for all the success we’ve enjoyed thanks to our loyal customers. We appreciate your ongoing business and support! Our team is continually curating our eyewear selection to meet the needs of each and every customer.
Eye Candy is your source for unique, independent, and luxury eyewear. And remember, we never sell the same pair twice!